The mighty polar bear. The plucky beaver. The majestic caribou. These iconic animals are etched in our national consciousness (and on our coins), but they represent only a small fraction of the amazing variety of mammals found in Canada's wild. The Mammals of Canada Field Guide celebrates this diversity.
- 188 species accounts with information about habitat, food, young, den, range and similar species
- Colour-coded header bars and quick reference guide to make finding information fast and easy
- Beautiful illustrations and photographs
- Range maps
- ''Did you know'' facts
- Detailed descriptions of our natural regions
- Canada's top mammal-watching sites
Whether you are a naturalist, a photographer, a wildlife enthusiast or simply appreciate the great outdoors, this book will become a vital reference in your natural history library.
|Lone Pine Publishing