The Frost River Nessmuk pack is a reproduction of writer George Washington Sears’ (a.k.a Nessmuk’s) old Maine guide pack from the 1880’s - and it was popular for a reason - it’s size. At 31L capacity, it’s 18oz waxed canvas, solid brass hardware, and copper rivets make a tough, durable pack that’s perfect for a day’s load of gear (even more if you pack right and have compressible stuff) and also works great as a second pack on a canoe trip. 3 external pockets, an internal zip pocket along with a full size slip pocket at the front, and a handy grab handle make for easy packing, and keeping organized and at the ready.Frost River Nessmuk Pack Specs:
- Size: 40.64cm (H) x 30.48cm (L) x 13.97cm (W)
- Volume: Actual 17.30L Expanded volume: 31.13L (Approx.)
- Weight: 1.6 kg (Approx.)
- 3 external (Long pocket measures 30.48 cm x 13.97 cm x 5 cm, short pockets measure 15.24 cm x 13.97 cm x 5 cm), 1 slip on front body, 1 internal hanging zipper pocket.
- Closure: Internal rain flaps, large flaps over main compartment.
- Shoulder Straps: 5.7 cm pistol belt web with leather attachment.
- Base: Waxed cotton canvas.
- Materials: 18 oz. waxed canvas, premium leather, solid brass hardware.